A recipe from cooking-ez.com
36K3.6 May 10th 2023
For 450 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|6 min.||18 min.||24 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g mushrooms, slice them and sprinkle them with the juice of ½ lemon and mix well.
- 2: Prepare 2 shallots and slice thinly.
- 3: Melt 30 g butter in a large pan. When good and hot, add the shallots.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 4: Add the mushrooms, salt again and mix well.
Cover and cook for 1 minute.
- 5: Take the lid off and you will see that the mushrooms have given off a lot of liquid.
- 6: Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, stirring from time to time.
- 7: Take off the heat, add the chopped parsley and mix well.
- 8: Your mushroom duxelle is ready and can be used right away or kept in a sealed container in the fridge, or frozen.
If you prefer a finer texture, chop the mushrooms very small (or mince) instead of slicing them.
This is a very old recipe, dating pack to the 17th
century, invented in France by François Pierre de La Varenne, cook to the Marquis d'Uxelles, hence the name.
December 7th 2023.