Pear verbena tarts
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
12K3.6 October 10th 2021
For 6 pieces, you will need:
|1 hour 29 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 150 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream) using the normal method, but at the start leave a handful of verbena leaves to infuse in the milk (instead of the vanilla).
This will give you a verbena-flavoured custard.
Cover and leave to cool.
- 2: Peel 4 Pears, cut into quarters lengthways and remove the core.
Poach in 400 ml Poaching syrup until tender.
- 3: Slice the pear quarters across into small pieces.
- 4: Leave on absorbant paper to finish draining thoroughly until needed.
- 5: Prepare 150 g Chantilly cream.
- 6: And fold gently into the cooled verbena-flavoured custard. Beat for a few seconds by hand to "loosen".
This is now a verbena diplomat cream.
- 7: Transfer the cream to a forcing bag.
- 8: Pipe a generous layer of cream into each tart case.
- 9: Arrange a layer of pear slices on top...
- 10: ...ideally in the shape of a flower.
- 11: For a finishing touch, garnish with a sprig of verbena.
Your little pear verbena tarts are ready.
For a quicker, simpler version of this recipe, use a classic sweetcrust pastry and a simple confectioner's custard (without added whipped cream).
If you have any leftover cream and fruit (which often happens, I assure you), make little verrines by layering the pears in small glasses with a generous topping of cream.
June 29th 2022.