Pear verbena tarts
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
22K3.6 November 22th 2023
For 6 pieces, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 150 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream) using the normal method, but at the start leave a handful of verbena leaves to infuse in the milk (instead of the vanilla).
This will give you a verbena-flavoured custard.
Cover and leave to cool.
- 2: Cut 4 Poached pears into small pieces and drain carefully.
- 3: Prepare ing5.
- 4: And fold gently into the cooled verbena-flavoured custard. Beat for a few seconds by hand to "loosen".
This is now a verbena diplomat cream.
- 5: Transfer the cream to a forcing bag.
- 6: Pipe a generous layer of cream into each tart case.
- 7: Arrange a layer of pear slices on top...
- 8: ...ideally in the shape of a flower.
- 9: For a finishing touch, garnish with a sprig of verbena.
Your little pear verbena tarts are ready.
For a quicker, simpler version of this recipe, use a classic sweetcrust pastry and a simple confectioner's custard (without added whipped cream).
If you have any leftover cream and fruit (which often happens, I assure you), make little verrines by layering the pears in small glasses with a generous topping of cream.
December 8th 2023.