Purple artichokes in a cheesy gratin
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
14K4 December 13th 2020
For 4 people, you will need:
- 1 2 slices ham
- 2 16 purples globe artichokes
- 3 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 350 g Bechamel sauce
- 5 100 g Mimolette
- Total weight: 2,180 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 7 min.||5 min.||17 min.||1 hour 29 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 2 slices ham into small pieces.
- 2: Prepare 16 purples globe artichokes.
- 3: Drain.
- 4: Cut off the stalks and cut these into small pieces.
Keep the hearts whole.
- 5: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a small frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the ham.
Fry, stirring from time to time.
When fried and browned, transfer to a plate, leaving the oil and fat in the pan.
- 6: Put the pan back on the heat and add the artichokes, sitting the hearts upside down...
- 7: ...to brown lightly.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 8: Pour 350 g Bechamel sauce into a saucepan on medium heat (or make this now).
- 9: Add 3/4 of the grated 100 g Mimolette to the bechamel. Stir to mix in and melt the cheese.
- 10: Add the chopped artichoke stalks (but not the hearts) and the ham.
Mix well and turn off the heat.
- 11: Arrange the artichoke hearts in individual dishes (or one large one).
- 12: Pour the sauce over.
- 13: Scatter a little of the remaining grated mimolette on top.
- 14: Bake for 10 minutes at the top of the oven (grill position).
- 15: Leave to cool slightly before serving.
You can use another hard-paste cheese instead of the mimolette, such as Comté, Gruyère, Cheddar...
If you don't have purple artichokes, normal globe artichokes will do, steamed, or even tinned artichoke hearts.
March 23th 2023.