Roast Brussels sprouts with sage and lemon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
16K3.7 February 3rd 2021
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|41 min.||23 min.||1 hour 4 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel, trim, rinse and dry 1 kg Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthways.
- 2: Put into a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- 3: Finely shred the sage leaves.
- 4: Add to the bowl. Grate the zest of 1 lemon over.
Add 8 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5: Lay a sheet of cooking parchment on a baking sheet, then arrange the sprouts cut side upwards as far as possible.
Don't wash the bowl, as we'll use it again in stage 8.
- 6: Put in the oven for about 20 minutes until the sprouts are nicely browned.
Turn the baking sheet round halfway through cooking if necessary so that they colour evenly.
- 7: Meanwhile, grate 30 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) and set aside.
- 8: Also while the sprouts are roasting, squeeze the lemon juice and put in the bowl saved from earlier. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper, then mix well.
- 9: Take the sprouts out of the oven (but leave it on) and brush with the lemon mixture.
- 10: Scatter the grated Parmesan over.
- 11: Put back in the oven for 2 or 3 minutes, just to melt the Parmesan.
- 12: Serve immediately.
If you don't have Parmesan, you can use pecorino or another cheese you like.
June 9th 2023.