Strawberry brunoise in a dessert-wine sabayon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
- 0 500 g strawberries
- 1 ½ lemon
- 2 6 tablespoons sweet white wine
- 3 400 g sabayon
- Total weight: 1,055 grams
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g strawberries: remove the stalks and cut each one into 4 ("brunoise" means diced).
Put into a bowl and drizzle the juice of ½ lemon over, then mix.
- 2: Prepare 400 g sabayon with 6 tablespoons sweet white wine, then take off the bain-marie.
- 3: Divide the strawberries out into little individual dishes.
- 4: Pour a generous amount of sabayon over and serve immediately.
You can use a fortified wine such as Macvin du Jura or Banyuls instead of the dessert wine.
Do choose your strawberries with care. They should be fully in season, of course, but use a slightly sharp variety if possible, such as gariguette, to balance the sweetness of the sabayon.
December 2nd 2020.