How to cook rice in rice-cooker
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
890K 23.0 February 21th 2011
For 500 g, you will need:
- 1 400 g rice
- 2 750 ml water
- 3 salt
- 4 1 knob butter (optional)
- Total weight: 1,150 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|5 min.||15 min.||20 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Tip 400 g rice into a strainer.
- 2: Wash rice by under tap for about 30 seconds.
- 3: Tip washed rice into rice-cooker.
- 4: Add 750 ml water and salt.
- 5: Switch on rice-cooker (the red "cooking" light should be on), and cover.
- 6: After 15 minutes you should hear a "click" and the "keep warn" light will come on.
- 7: Your rice is cooked.
- 8: Stir with a plastic spoon to prevent rice from sticking, and add a knob of butter if you wish.
- 9: If you don't want to serve rice straight away, leave covered but with rice-cooker switched off to prevent rice from drying out.
Rice-cooker are usually sold with a measuring jug. If you use it always remember the correct proportion is 1.5 parts water to 1 part rice.
For tastier rice you can use chicken stock instead of water, or add a little chicken or meat cooking juice, or add a chicken stock cube
to the water.
December 8th 2023.