How to fry eggs well
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
481K 13.9 March 11th 2018
For 2 eggs, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|14 min.||6 min.||20 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Heat the serving plates.
Gently separate the yolks of 2 eggs.
- 2: Take care not to break yolks from the whites.
- 3: Melt 1 knob butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
When the butter is melted, add 1 teaspoon water. This is the secret of how to cook the white without it forming a crust.
- 4: Tip the egg whites all at once into the pan...
- 5: ...and cook until they are just set.
Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6: Turn down the heat and very gently place the yolks on top of the cooked whites, spacing them evenly.
Leave like this on low heat for about 3 minutes to heat the yolks through.
- 7: Transfer to a hot plate. Your fried eggs are ready and perfectly cooked: the whites are set, the yolks runny. Serve immediately as they spoil quickly.
- 8: The video on the right will show you the method in more detail.
You will have to excuse the brown edge on my egg white - I didn't clean the pan after the first two...
These fried eggs have nothing in common with those served up in a typical "greasy spoon" café. Do not
salt the yolk, as this will mark it with unsightly white spots.
You can season eggs many different ways: simple salt and pepper, a pinch of paprika or a few drops of vinegar (which I adore!).
March 23th 2023.