"Au vert" beef
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
4,2895 June 18th 2023
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||19 min.||36 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g courgette, using very young ones if possible, and slice them.
- 2: Prepare and slice 1 shallot.
- 3: Toast 4 pieces steak of beef tenderloin in a very hot pan with 4 tablespoons oil, 1 bayleaf and 1 sprig thyme.
You can follow these (good) cooking tips.
- 4: Once the meats are cooked, remove to a warm plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- 5: In the same pan, without cleaning it, over medium heat, add 1 knob butter and when melted add the shallot, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute.
- 6: Add the zucchini and grill to taste.
Add salt at the end of cooking.
- 7: Push them to one side of the pan, then add 200 g turnip (or other vegetable) tops (here beet tops).
- 8: Gently stir the tops until they "fall off", i.e. reduce in volume.
- 9: At this point, mix the zucchinis with the tops, then check the seasoning.
- 10: Serve à l'assiette piece of beef, greens and a sprig of thyme to garnish.
You can use any piece of beef you like for this recipe, but it's really best with a noble piece, tenderloin, ribeye, etc.
December 8th 2023.