Sautéed chicken with leeks
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
66K3.6 January 20th 2019
For 4 people, you will need:
- 1 400 g chicken
- 2 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 2 tablespoons white (spirit) vinegar
- 4 1 tablespoon chilli spices
- 5 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 500 g leek
- 7 1 shallot
- 8 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 9 salt
- 10 pepper
- Total weight: 1,135 grams
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|30 min.||1 hour||23 min.||1 hour 53 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut the chicken into small chunks.
- 2: Put these into a bowl and add 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons white (spirit) vinegar, 1 tablespoon chilli spices and 3 tablespoons olive oil, then mix well,
Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 3: Prepare 500 g leek and slice thinly into rounds or, for a more elegant look, cut on the diagonal.
- 4: Prepare and chop 1 shallot.
- 5: Put a large frying pan on high heat, then add the marinated chicken with a little of the marinade and sauté.
When cooked, pour in the rest of the marinade and leave to reduce until very little liquid is left.
Transfer the contents of the pan to a dish.
- 6: Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in the same pan, still on high heat.
When really hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 7: Add the leeks, mix well and cook until tender, preferably uncovered (though you can cover at the start), to help keep their lovely green colour.
- 8: Add the chicken...
- 9: ...mix well and just heat through again...
- 10: ...before serving.
For the spices, I prefer a blend of chilli spices, though you can use whatever you like (curry, turmeric, etc.).
June 9th 2023.