A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 450 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|47 min.||4 min.||51 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 250 g butter into pieces, put these in a bowl and leave at room temperature for 2 hours (it's important).
- 2: Chop 30 g parsley finely. Set aside.
- 3: Prepare 30 g shallot and chop very finely.
- 4: Melt 20 g butter in a small frying pan on medium heat, then add the chopped shallot.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring, then set aside.
- 5: Cut 50 g smoked ham into small pieces.
- 6: Lightly fry in the same pan as used for the shallot.
- 7: Peel 50 g button or field mushrooms and dice very small.
- 8: Still using the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When hot, add the diced mushrooms.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 9: Peel and chop 1 garlic clove very finely.
Put in a bowl.
- 10: Add the chopped parsley, shallots, ham, mushroms, 30 g ground almonds and 1 tablespoon French mustard.
- 11: Mix well, salt and pepper.
- 12: Soften the butter by stirring for a few minutes with a spatula or fork.
- 13: Add to the mixture in the bowl and mix together.
- 14: Your beurre d'escargot is ready for use on a batch of snails.
You can also prepare it to use later by transferring it into a forcing bag.
- 15: Pipe butter "sausages" on a sheet of plastic film.
- 16: Then roll up the butter in the film to make as even a cylinder as possible and twist the ends to seal.
- 17: Make as many rolls as you can and freeze them.
Your beurre d'escargot can be used later, either for snails or in another recipe: just take out a roll and cut off pieces as you need them.
No difficulty with mushrooms, use use what you got.
July 13th 2020.