Coriander and cashew nut pesto
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
24K3.8 December 9th 2018
For 200 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|11 min.||15 min.||26 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Spread 50 g cashew nuts on a baking sheet and in the oven at 300°F (150°C) to toast for 15 minutes.
- 2: Pick the leaves off 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro) into a high-sided receptacle.
- 3: Add the toasted cashew nuts, the grated 50 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan), 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 pinches vitamin C, salt and pepper.
- 4: Blend together until you obtain a lovely smooth, green paste,
- 5: Your coriander and cashew nut pesto is ready. You can use it in the same dishes and recipes as a classic pesto.
The quantities are for guidance, so do feel free to adapt them suit your taste and habits.
The vitamin C
is not essential, but it does stop the pesto from oxidising so rapidly and helps to keeps its green colour.
September 19th 2021.