A recipe from cooking-ez.com
35K5 October 30th 2019
For 600 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|42 min.||1 hour 5 min.||1 hour 47 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Soak 2 sheets gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes to soften.
- 2: Prepare 350 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream) and at the end, when taken off the heat, add 30 g butter cut into small pieces. Mix well to incorporate.
- 3: Then add the drained and dried gelatin...
- 4: ...and mix thoroughly.
- 5: Cover with plastic film in contact with the surface of the custard to prevent it forming a skin.
Stand the pan in cold water to speed up cooling.
- 6: Meanwhile, prepare 200 g Chantilly cream and keep cold.
- 7: Once the confectioner's custard has cooled to room temperature, remove the plastic film and whisk vigorously to loosen it.
Fold in the whipped cream gently with a soft spatula.
- 8: Your diplomat cream is ready.
Just like the basic confectioner's custard, you can vary diplomat cream to suit your own taste: lemon
, chocolate, etc.
In many recipes, the original confectioner's custard can be replaced with diplomat cream, for a better, lighter result. But do be warned: it will not survive being recooked.
January 29th 2022.