A recipe from cooking-ez.com
231K 24.6 July 25th 2020
For 300 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|10 min.||5 min.||15 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put 150 g pine nuts in a pan without any oil. Dry roast briefly over high heat, stirring frequently.
- 2: Peel 1 garlic clove, remove the green shoot and chop.
Pick the leaves off the 3 bunches basil.
- 3: Pour the juice of 1 lemon, zest, 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 g vitamin C on the leaves.
- 4: Mix to get a basil puree.
- 5: Add pine nuts, garlic, 100 g Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan) grated, 5 tablespoons olive oil salt and pepper...
- 6: ... and mix again until you obtain the texture of a thick puree.
Do not hesitate to adapt the quantity of olive oil, more or less, the important thing is to obtain the desired texture.
- 7: checking seasoning
- 8: Store in the fridge in a closed jar.
In this recipe the proportions are not all that important, so you can vary them (a little more, a little less) according to your taste. If you are fond of garlic, for example, you can double the quantity indicated.
It's not absolutely necessary to roast the pine nuts, but I find that it gives the pesto a richer flavour.
If you don't have any pine nuts, you can use walnuts instead.
The basil which gives the green color tends to oxidize easily, and therefore lose this beautiful color. To keep it better, add, before blending, the vitamin c
August 20th 2022.