Agen prune cake
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|21 min.||1 hour||30 min.||1 hour 51 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Roll out 200 g Brioche dough into a flat round cake 8 inches (20 cm) diameter.
Lay the cake on a baking sheet, then glaze the top.
Leave in a warm place to rise for one hour.
- 2: Roll 100 g Marzipan (almond paste) into a long " sausage about half an inch (1 cm) thick.
- 3: Cut the marzipan into half-inch (1 cm) chunks.
Cut the prunes into quarters.
- 4: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Push the marzipan pieces into the top of the well-risen cake.
- 5: Stick a piece of prune on top of each piece of marzipan.
- 6: Glaze the top of the cake again, then sprinkle with caster sugar.
- 7: Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 8: Leave to cool on a wire rack.
If you would like a stronger Armagnac flavour, add 2 tablespoonsful at the end of mixing the brioche dough.
You can make this recipe using an enriched bread dough (pain brioché), rather than a classic brioche dough, but the cake will be plainer.
February 20th 2020.