Step by step recipe:
- 1 hour
- 5 min.Roll 100 g Marzipan (almond paste) into a long " sausage about half an inch (1 cm) thick.
- 5 min.Cut the marzipan into half-inch (1 cm) chunks.
Cut the prunes into quarters.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Push the marzipan pieces into the top of the well-risen cake.
- 5 min.Stick a piece of prune on top of each piece of marzipan.
- 1 min.Glaze the top of the cake again, then sprinkle with caster sugar.
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:If you would like a stronger Armagnac flavour, add 2 tablespoonsful at the end of mixing the brioche dough.
You can make this recipe using an enriched bread dough (pain brioché), rather than a classic brioche dough, but the cake will be plainer.
Source:Home made, but recipe inspired by Olivier D, who will recognise his influence....
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: 3-fruit brioche loaf, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), Morteau sausage rolled brioche, Chinois, Sausage in brioche, ... [All]
- Marzipan (almond paste): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Provençal colombier for Pentecost, Little Christmas biscuits, Arizona cupcakes, Piped petits-fours, ... [All]
- Dried prunes: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Stuffed prunes, Prune Far, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vol-au-vent cases, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Brioche galette, Wiener Schnitzel, ... [All]