Apple and almond gratin
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
29K4.4 February 8th 2017
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|20 min.||45 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the cream mixtureMix in a bowl with a whisk: 200 ml liquid cream, 3 egg yolks, 10 g Vanilla sugar and 50 g caster sugar.
Toast the almondsUse a small non-stick frying pan on high heat. Tip in 50 g ground almonds and dry roast lightly, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula or spoon.
- 3: Take off the heat as soon as the almonds begin to colour slightly.
This process brings out the full flavour of the almonds.
Assemble the gratinPreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter a gratin dish.
- 5: Peel 1 kg 500 g apple and cut into small pieces.
Spread half the apple pieces in the dish.
- 6: Scatter the toasted almonds over the top.
- 7: Add the rest of the apples and pour the cream mixture over.
- 8: Scatter a little caster sugar on top and add slivers of butter to help the top brown.
Cooking and servingCook in the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve either warm or cold, on its own or, if you can't resist good things, with a little whipped cream.
If you wish, you can add a tablespoonful of Calvados to the cream mixture.
July 29th 2021.