Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- Take off the heat as soon as the almonds begin to colour slightly.
This process brings out the full flavour of the almonds.
- 1 min.
Assemble the gratinPreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter a gratin dish.
- 7 min.Peel 1 kg 500 g apple and cut into small pieces.
Spread half the apple pieces in the dish.
- 2 min.Scatter the toasted almonds over the top.
- 2 min.Add the rest of the apples and pour the cream mixture over.
- 3 min.Scatter a little caster sugar on top and add slivers of butter to help the top brown.
- 40 min.
Cooking and servingCook in the oven for 40 minutes.
Serve either warm or cold, on its own or, if you can't resist good things, with a little whipped cream.
Remarks:If you wish, you can add a tablespoonful of Calvados to the cream mixture.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Caramelised apple pie, Apple Strudel, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vegetable clafoutis, Ham pasta bake, Salmon with sorrel, Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, Cod loin with saffron, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amaretti, Strawberry Charlotte, Pecan fruit rolls , Tart Tatin, Arizona cupcakes, ... [All]