Apple semelles (flat apple tarts)
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 10 flats tarts, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|35 min.||10 min.||20 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F).
Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée) and cut into rectangles of about 8 x 15 cm (3.5 x 4 inches), then prick all over.
- 2: Spread an even layer of stewed apple on each piece of pastry, leaving a band around the edge bare.
- 3: Peel the apples, then slice and arrange on top of the stewed apple.
- 4: Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 5: When cooled, glaze the tops of the semelles using a brush (not essential, but more attractive).
- 6: Serve on their own, or with a little chantilly (whipped cream) or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Instead of apples, you can use pears, pineapple, or any other fruit of your choice.
August 21th 2019.