A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 strudel, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|32 min.||20 min.||40 min.||1 hour 32 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the strudel filling
Leave 100 g raisins to soak and swell in the rum.
- 2: Peel 4 apples, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- 3: In a bowl, mix the apples, drained raisins, 40 g ground almonds, 40 g caster sugar and 10 g Vanilla sugar.
Roll the strudel
Spread the filling mixture over 4/5 of the puff pastry...
- 5: ...and roll up into a "sausage". Leave the end underneath to keep the roll sealed.
- 6: Glaze the roll and leave in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- 7: Chop 30 g walnut kernels fairly finely.
Bake the strudel
Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Glaze again and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- 9: Bake for about 40 minutes.
Leave until just warm and serve in slices.
Strudel is delicious served warm with chantilly cream
December 9th 2019.