Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
Prepare the strudel filling
Leave 100 g raisins to soak and swell in the rum.
- 10 min.Peel 4 apples, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.
Roll the strudel
Spread the filling mixture over 4/5 of the puff pastry...
- 2 min....and roll up into a "sausage". Leave the end underneath to keep the roll sealed.
- 20 min.Glaze the roll and leave in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Chop 30 g walnut kernels fairly finely.
- 3 min.
Bake the strudel
Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Glaze again and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Leave until just warm and serve in slices.
Remarks:Strudel is delicious served warm with chantilly cream.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry feuilleté, Langoustine and leek tarts, Caramelised apple pie, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Mirlitons, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Sweet pancake rolls from Brittany, Pecan fruit rolls , Chocolate cereal bars, Cramique, Moist cereal bars, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Nantais, Chocolate almond cookies, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Arlesian Biscuits, Calissons, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Brioche Tatin, Brioche galette, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Cannelés, ... [All]