Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
Prepare the strudel filling
Leave 100 g raisins to soak and swell in the rum.
- 10 min.Peel 4 apples, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.
Roll the strudel
Spread the filling mixture over 4/5 of the puff pastry...
- 2 min....and roll up into a "sausage". Leave the end underneath to keep the roll sealed.
- 20 min.Brush the roll with beaten egg and leave in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Chop 30 g walnut kernels fairly finely.
- 3 min.
Bake the strudel
Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Brush the roll with beaten egg again and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes.
Leave until just warm and serve in slices.
Remarks:Strudel is delicious served warm with chantilly cream.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crusty cockle tart, Smoked salmon sacristains, Pecan fruit rolls , Vol-au-vent cases, Apple Pie, ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Benoîton, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Moist cereal bars, Panettone, Pecan fruit rolls , ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amiens macaroons, Crust for tea, Almond cream or frangipane, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Moist cereal bars, ... [All]