A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 galette, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|18 min.||1 hour 30 min.||15 min.||2 hours 3 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put 30 g butter in the freezer.
Roll out 200 g Brioche dough into a flat cake 0.5 cm (quarter inch) thick.
- 2: Place the galette on a baking sheet.
- 3: Glaze the top.
Let rest in a warm place for 1.5 hour.
- 4: Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Glaze the galette a second time.
Remove the butter from the freezer and cut into small sticks while still very cold. Push these into the galette, regularly spaced.
- 5: Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons caster sugar.
- 6: Bake for 10-15 minutes...
- 7: ... until the top is golden brown.
Best eaten warm.
The weight of butter will depend on how rich you want it to be. Of course, you can use more than 30g if you like.
May 30th 2020.