A recipe from cooking-ez.com
55K3.8 September 10th 2018
For 1 brioche, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|36 min.||2 hours||45 min.||3 hours 21 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 800 g apple and cut into small pieces.
- 2: Melt 100 g butter in a frying pan on medium heat, then scatter 150 g caster sugar over.
- 3: Add the apple pieces on top...
- 4: ...and leave to caramelize, stirring from time to time, until evenly done.
Leave to cool.
- 5: Separate 500 g Brioche dough into 2 pieces of about 250g (half a pound).
Place one circle in the bottom of a springform tin or mould (24 cm / 9.5 inches here) and glaze around the edge.
- 6: Arrange the caramelized apples in the centre, keeping them away from the edge.
- 7: Glaze the edge of the second circle.
- 8: And place this on top of the bottom circle, pressing down gently around the edge to stick them together.
Glaze the top with beaten egg and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- 9: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Glaze the top once more and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10: Best enjoyed warm, if possible.
Try to use apples with a small acidity, best for this recipe.
September 21th 2021.