A recipe from cooking-ez.com
40K3.7 December 30th 2019
For 1 flognarde, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|12 min.||35 min.||47 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Pour 750 ml milk into a saucepan on low heat.
Scrape 1 vanilla pod into the milk, add 1 vanilla pod zest and bring to the boil.
Take off the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Pour 3 eggs and 1 egg yolk into a blender goblet, then add 60 g caster sugar, 60 g flour and 1 pinch salt.
- 3: Blend on high speed until the mixture turns pale.
- 4: Reduce the speed slightly, then pour in the vanilla-flavoured milk.
Blend for a few seconds longer to mix.
- 5: Pour the mixture through a strainer.
- 6: Then pour into a tart tin or mould.
- 7: Top with slivers of butter and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8: Serve straight from the tin, as the flognarde will be very fragile.
For a version with fruit, such as apples, sauté the peeled fruit in a little butter and sugar, then lay in the bottom of the tin or mould before adding the filling mixture.
For a nicely browned top, sprinkle the top of the flognarde with caster sugar after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
September 27th 2021.