Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Blend on high speed until the mixture turns pale.
- 2 min.Reduce the speed slightly, then pour in the vanilla-flavoured milk.
Blend for a few seconds longer to mix.
- 3 min.Pour the mixture through a strainer.
- 1 min.Then pour into a tart tin or mould.
- 30 min.Top with slivers of butter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve straight from the tin, as the flognarde will be very fragile.
Remarks:For a version with fruit, such as apples, sauté the peeled fruit in a little butter and sugar, then lay in the bottom of the tin or mould before adding the filling mixture.
For a nicely browned top, sprinkle the top of the flognarde with caster sugar after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
Source:Based on a recipe by Joël Robuchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pancake batter, Potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) purée, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Burger buns, Pesto crackers, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vanilla ice cream, Panna cotta, Santiago Cake, Almond dacquoise, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tea and white chocolate biscuits, Tomato tatin, Toasted almond cake, Burger buns, Grandma Solange's biscuits, ... [All]