A recipe from cooking-ez.com
41K4 March 24th 2019
For 40 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|32 min.||15 min.||20 min.||1 hour 7 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Zest 1 grapefruit into 200 g caster sugar. Mix well, cover with plastic film and leave to rest for at least one hour, to allow the sugar to take up the grapefruit flavour.
Note: You can prepare this sugar the day before. Add the zest of a lime, too, if you'd like a fuller citrus flavour.
- 2: Whisk together the sugar with the zest and 200 g egg.
- 3: Add 50 g cream and 50g of grapefruit juice.
- 4: Sieve 100 g flour and 2 g baking powder together into the mixture.
- 5: Mix again.
- 6: Pour in 90 g Noisette butter.
- 7: Mix again.
You cake batter is now ready.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 8: Pour into small moulds (non-stick if possible) or tins of about 2 oz (50 g) size, or larger, depending on what you have.
- 9: Bake for about 20 minutes (for smaller cakes).
- 10: Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 11: For an even better flavour, brush the cakes with a little citrus syrup and leave this to soak in.
- 12: If possible, decorate the cakes with a strip of candied peel and grains of pearl sugar.
This moist cake can be made with other citrus fruits: orange, lemon, lime...
December 8th 2023.