Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
286K4.0 September 11th 2018
For 20 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 6 min.||20 min.||5 min.||1 hour 31 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Pour 50 g caster sugar into a non-stick frying pan, distribute it evenly over the whole surface, and put onto high heat.
- 2: After a while the sugar starts to melt...
- 3: ... and becomes caramel.
- 4: Then add 100 g flakeds almonds.
- 5: Turn down heat, and stir to coat almonds with caramel.
- 6: As soon as the almonds are well caramelized, remove from heat and tip them onto a baking sheet or a sheet of non-stick cooking parchment.
- 7: Leave to cool, then crush coarsely with a rolling pin.
- 8: Put 200 g Stewed apple (compote) in a small bowl.
- 9: Prepare 1 handful raisins.
- 10: Add raisins and almonds to stewed apples and mix well.
- 11: Spread out circle of puff pastry (or roll out thinly if in a block).
Preheat oven to 200°C or 392°F.
- 12: Cut out circles of 10 cm diameter approximately (minimum) and place on a baking sheet.
- 13: With a brush soaked in water, wet all round the edge of each pastry circle to help "weld" the join.
- 14: Put a teaspoon of the apple mixture onto each circle.
- 15: Then fold over each circle to form the turnover.
- 16: Press the edge to seal well.
- 17: Glaze each turnover.
- 18: You can, with the point of a knife, cut a small design on the top of the turnovers, it might not show much now, but will after cooking.
- 19: Put in the oven for 15/20 minutes (watch for colouring), then leave to cool on a wire rack.
For very small turnovers you can roll the large circle of puff pastry out even thinner before cutting out small circles.
June 9th 2023.