Nanou's chocolate cake
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|50 min.||55 min.||1 hour 45 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Break 200 g chocolate into small pieces, and put them in a pan.
- 2: Add 200 g butter cut in pieces, cover and put on very gentle heat, or in a bain-marie, to dissolve.
- 3: When butter and chocolate are melted, mix with a whisk to obtain an homogeneous mixture.
- 4: Separate whites from yolks of 4 eggs (see how to on this video).
Then add yolks to butter-chocolate mixture...
- 5: ... and beat well to incorporate.
- 6: Sieve together 200 g icing sugar, 100 g ground almonds and 75 g flour, to mix.
- 7: Add these dry ingredients to the butter-chocolate-egg yolks mixture, and mix well.
- 8: You will obtain a rather stiff mixture, which is normal.
- 9: Preheat oven to 180°C ou 356°F.
Beat white eggs, and when stiff fold in 50 g caster sugar.
- 10: Take a few tablespoons of egg white, and put them onto mixture.
- 11: Incorporate these tablespoons of egg white into the mixt, to lighten it a little.
- 12: Pour this "lightened" mixture into remaining egg whites.
- 13: And start to fold in gently with a spatula or a maryse.
- 14: Incline the bowl to facilitate your work, you should end up with a mixture...
- 15: ... that's smooth and very chocolaty.
- 16: If you like, scatter some flaked almonds in the bottom of cake mould.
- 17: Then pour mixture in.
- 18: Put in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Check cooking after 30 minutes.
- 19: Leave to cool on a wire rack.
This cake should be very moist, so it's important not to overcook it. Watch carefully towards end of cooking time.
June 26th 2019.