Oat financiers for Louise
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 40 financiers, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|20 min.||25 min.||45 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Melt 80 g butter in a small pan until not quite boiling. Skim off any white froth that forms during heating.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Tip 50 g rolled oats into a blender goblet.
- 3: Blend for a few seconds until ground to a powder.
- 4: Tip the ground oats into a bowl. Add 80 g icing sugar and 15 g flour and mix with a whisk.
- 5: Add 60 g egg white.
- 6: Mix once more with the whisk.
- 7: Pour in the melted butter through a fine strainer to remove any bits and beat again to mix thoroughly.
- 8: Pour into special financier moulds if possible, or any other small moulds you may have.
- 9: Bake for 15 minutes.
It is very important not to overcook the financiers, otherwise they will dry out and go hard. The centre should ideally stay quite moist. Watch the cooking carefully and adjust the time to suit your own oven
April 2nd 2020.