A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 25 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||1 day||15 min.||1 day 32 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 250 g Marzipan (almond paste) into small pieces and put into a mixer bowl.
Add 35 g egg white.
- 2: Knead together on slow speed...
- 3: ...until this makes a soft dough.
- 4: Transfer to a forcing bag with a fluted nozzle.
- 5: Pipe onto a sheet of cooking parchment laid on a Baking sheet. Make rosettes...
- 6: ...or teardrops.
Pipe whatever shapes take your fancy.
- 7: Decorate each petit-four with a griottine or a whole almond.
Leave at room temperature for about 24 hours to form a crust.
- 8: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- 9: Check for colour towards the end of cooking. Ideally, the petits-fours should still be quite pale, just lightly browned around the outside.
You can also add a small spoonful of kirsch or rum (to suit your own taste) at stage 1
If you don't have the proper French "griottines", use glacé cherries instead.
January 20th 2021.