A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 cake, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||30 min.||52 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put into a food-mixer bowl: 250 g ground almonds, 240 g caster sugar, 10 g Vanilla sugar and the zest of 1 lemon.
- 2: Add 4 eggs.
- 3: Beat with the whisk attachment on low speed until the mixture is evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 4: Pour into a tin or mould.
Note: if your tin is not non-stick, loose-bottomed or spring-form, butter the inside and, to make turning out easier, line the bottom with a circle of cooking parchment.
- 5: Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out.
- 6: To add the decorative finishing touch, make a stencil in the shape of a St James cross (examples are easy to find on the internet).
- 7: Place the stencil over the centre of the cake after it has cooled and dust with icing sugar.
You can use cinnamon instead of vanilla sugar if you prefer the flavour.
February 24th 2020.