Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Add 4 eggs.
- 4 min.Beat with the whisk attachment on low speed until the mixture is evenly mixed.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 2 min.Pour into a tin or mould.
Note: if your tin is not non-stick, loose-bottomed or spring-form, butter the inside and, to make turning out easier, line the bottom with a circle of cooking parchment.
- 30 min.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out.
- 5 min.To add the decorative finishing touch, make a stencil in the shape of a St James cross (examples are easy to find on the internet).
- 1 min.Place the stencil over the centre of the cake after it has cooled and dust with icing sugar.
Remarks:You can use cinnamon instead of vanilla sugar if you prefer the flavour.
Source:Based on a recipe by Cuisine actuelle.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Buckwheat almond biscuits, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Almond macaroon cake, Arlesian Biscuits, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon creams, Oatmeal cake, Valay-Brest, Ciabatta, Almond dacquoise, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gâteau Basque , Chocolate muffins, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Rice pudding (riz au lait), ... [All]