A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 800 ml, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|26 min.||12 hours||12 hours 26 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Hull 500 g strawberries (remove the green calyx and any hard bit underneath) and put into a high-sided container.
- 2: Add 1 handful fresh mint leaves, 2 g vitamin C and the juice of ½ lemon.
- 3: Blend thoroughly.
- 4: Lay plastic film on the surface of the coulis and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight, so that the flavours can mingle fully.
- 5: After this time, pour the coulis through a sieve placed over a bowl and use a soft spatula to push the coulis through.
- 6: There should only be the strawberry seeds left in the sieve.
- 7: Add 400 g Sugar syrup to the coulis (about the same weight of syrup) and mix well.
- 8: Transfer to an ice-cream maker and leave to churn.
As always with ice creams and sorbets, the best moment is when it comes out...
You will find more information here about making ice-creams and sorbets
April 4th 2020.