Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Hull 500 g strawberries (remove the green calyx and any hard bit underneath) and put into a high-sided container.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Blend thoroughly.
- 12 hoursLay plastic film on the surface of the coulis and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight, so that the flavours can mingle fully.
- 5 min.
- There should only be the strawberry seeds left in the sieve.
- 1 min.Add 400 g Sugar syrup to the coulis (about the same weight of syrup) and mix well.
- 10 min.Transfer to an ice-cream maker and leave to churn.
As always with ice creams and sorbets, the best moment is when it comes out...