Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Hull 500 g strawberries (remove the green calyx and any hard bit underneath) and put into a high-sided container.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Blend thoroughly.
- 12 hoursLay plastic film on the surface of the coulis and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight, so that the flavours can mingle fully.
- 5 min.
- There should only be the strawberry seeds left in the sieve.
- 1 min.Add 400 g Sugar syrup to the coulis (about the same weight of syrup) and mix well.
- 10 min.Transfer to an ice-cream maker and leave to churn.
As always with ice creams and sorbets, the best moment is when it comes out...
Remarks:You will find more information here about making ice-creams and sorbets.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Strawberries: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Strawberry tart, Strawberries with mint and cream, Strawberry Charlotte, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), Strawberry sorbet, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Passion fruit jellies, Pistachio tiramisu, Pear charlotte, Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Brioche slices with almond cream, ... [All]
- Fresh mint leaves: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chaud-froid of grapefruit, pineapple and lime custard , Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Strawberry feuilleté, Strawberries with mint and cream, Tzatziki, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cucumber and salmon salad, Celeriac Rémoulade , Little lemon biscuits, Pesto, Fish fillet in express cooking envelope, ... [All]