A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 500 g, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put 300 g strawberries into a blender goblet. There is no need to remove the green tops.
- 2: Blend thoroughly.
- 3: Sieve the strawberry purée that you have made.
Add 200 g Sugar syrup and the juice of ½ lemon.
- 4: Transfer the mixture into an ice-cream maker and leave it to churn...
- 5: ...until the purée begins to thicken a little.
- 6: Beat 1 egg white until light and fluffy.
- 7: Add this to the mixture while churning.
- 8: Leave to churn until the sorbet texture is smooth and creamy.
You will see how the trick of incorporating a beaten egg white lightens the sorbet in both senses: not only in texture, but also in colour, as it changes from red to pink. This does not affect the flavour, and the lighter sorbet will also keep without turning hard. Professional makers inject air into their ice creams to achieve the same effect.
January 19th 2021.