Chard and potato gratin
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
34K3.8 June 10th 2020
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|29 min.||37 min.||1 hour 6 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the chardCut the green parts of 800 g Swiss chard off the central stalk and shred ("chiffonade").
- 2: Peel the stalks and cut into chunks.
- 3: Boil in a large pan of salted water until just tender.
- 4: Take out of the pan and drain, leaving the pan on the heat.
- 5: Put the greens into the same water and blanch for 2 or 3 minutes.
Drain thoroughly, pressing to squeeze out all the cooking water.
Assemble the gratinPreheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Slice the potatoes.
- 7: Butter a gratin dish.
- 8: Put a layer of the chard greens in the bottom. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 9: Add a layer of potatoes.
- 10: Then the chard stalks.
- 11: Pour 200 g Bechamel sauce over and top with 50 g grated cheese.
- 12: Bake for about 30 minutes, watching for browning. If necessary, pop under the grill to finish browning before serving.
For a quicker version, use thick cream or crème fraiche instead of the bechamel.
If the potatoes are not already cooked for stage 6
, peel and slice them, then boil in the same water.
September 27th 2023.