Chicken and mushroom brik rolls
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 8 rolls, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|47 min.||19 min.||1 hour 6 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 400 g mushrooms; cut off and discard the stalk.
- 2: Chop them fairly small.
- 3: Chop 1 shallot and 2 onions, but keep them separate.
- 4: Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot, salt and pepper.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5: Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
If they give off a lot of liquid, either drain this off or wait until it has boiled off. The cooked mushrooms should be fairly dry.
- 6: Tip into a large bowl. Add the juice of ½ lemon and some chopped parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- 7: Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in the same frying pan, still on medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes without colouring.
- 8: Dice 300 g chicken fairly small.
- 9: Mix the chicken with the mushrooms and onions.
Make the rolls by placing a tablespoonful of filling near the edge of a brik sheet.
- 10: Then fold it up into a neat rectangular parcel.
- 11: Heat 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) oil in the frying pan and fry the brik rolls...
- 12: ...on both sides.
- 13: Serve immediately.
Use spring onions if possible, rather than normal onions (shown in the photos).
July 20th 2019.