Chicken and mushroom pie
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 pie, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|36 min.||15 min.||49 min.||1 hour 40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), prick all over and line a high-sided pie tin or mould (e.g. spring-form).
Leave about 1 cm (1/2 inch) overlapping the edge.
Put to wait in the fridge.
- 2: Roll out 200 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), prick all over and put to wait in the fridge.
- 3: Cook 300 g chicken (if not already cooked) and dice.
- 4: Roughly chop the parsley, Prepare and chop 70 g shallot.
- 5: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat, add shallot, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6: Prepare 400 g mushrooms, peel and dice.
Using the same frying pan and 2 tablespoons olive oil, fry the mushrooms.
- 7: When the mushrooms are browned, add the shallot and diced chicken, mix well and add 200 ml cream, salt and pepper.
Leave on low heat to reduce until there is hardly any liquid left.
- 8: To finish, add the parsley and mix well.
Leave to cool.
- 9: Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
Tip the filling into the pie case. Do not press down.
- 10: Glaze the overhanging edge of pastry with beaten egg yolk.
- 11: Place the pastry "lid" on top and press down the edge to seal.
- 12: Trim off the excess pastry with scissors.
- 13: Finish by glazing the top.
- 14: Bake for about 25 minutes.
It is important to choose the right sort of mushrooms for this recipe. Try not to use the classic button mushrooms which give off a lot of water. If possible, use drier types like oyster mushrooms or shiitake.
May 25th 2020.