A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|14 min.||35 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the bread
Prepare 8 slices bread. If you are using a sandwich-type loaf or long French-style bread stick, leave the slices whole. If using a larger loaf, cut the slices in half (like in the photos).
- 2: Melt 40 g butter, then use a brush to coat one side of the bread with melted butter.
Arrange the slices on a baking sheet, buttered side downwards.
Fry the ham
Fry ing6 for 1 or 2 minutes on each side until nicely browned.
Fry the potatoes
Slice ing7 into thin rounds and pan-fry on both sides in ing8.
Assemble the croque-monsieursPreheat the oven at 390°F (200°C).
Arrange a layer of fried potatoes on half the slices of bread.
- 6: Top with a layer of creamed leeks.
- 7: Then a slice of fried ham.
- 8: Finish by adding a second slice of bread, buttered side outwards.
Brown the croque-monsieurs
Cook the corque-monsieurs in the oven for about 20 minutes until the bread is nicely browned on top.
- 10: Serve piping hot on its own or with a little lettuce "chiffonade".
You can use grilled bacon or fried lardons instead of the ham, if you prefer.
July 11th 2020.