A recipe from cooking-ez.com
93K3.9 January 27th 2013
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|31 min.||20 min.||51 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Spread a layer of potato purée in the bottom of each ramekin.
- 2: Add a layer of duck.
- 3: You can add a few small pieces of foie gras if you wish.
- 4: Cover with a second layer of potato purée.
- 5: Scatter grated cheese over the top and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes...
- 6: ...until the top is nicely browned.
If you don't have duck, you can use any other poultry meat, but duck has the best flavour. The ultimate is to use duck that has been cooked long and slowly, like five hours poultry
For the cheese, I recommend Comté or Gruyère, but this is not essential. Your favourite cheese for grating will work just fine.
June 5th 2023.