A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|20 min.||20 min.||40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare one potato per person: hollow out the centre using a pommes parisiennes spoon or a teaspoon to create the "nest". Trim off the ends if necessary to tidy the shape.
- 2: Slice the rest of the potatoes.
- 3: Pan-fry the potato slices on both sides in a little olive oil, then salt and set aside and keep hot.
- 4: Fry the potato nests until browned all over.
Heat 250 g cancoillotte in the microwave or in a bain-marie.
- 5: Heat the plates.
Stand a nest in the centre of each hot plate and surround with the fried potato slices.
Slip an egg yolk into each nest and salt lightly.
- 6: Fill up the nests with hot cancoillote and pour a little over the potatoes. Serve immediately.
If you don't have any cancoillote, use any other cheese you like (but preferably a soft cheese) and melt it in a little cream.
You may be surprised to see that the egg yolk is not heated beforehand, but it will heat through when in contact with the hot potato and cheese.
May 26th 2020.