Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Prepare one potato per person: hollow out the centre using a pommes parisiennes spoon or a teaspoon to create the "nest". Trim off the ends if necessary to tidy the shape.
- 5 min.Slice the rest of the potatoes.
- 15 min.Pan-fry the potato slices on both sides in a little olive oil, then salt and set aside and keep hot.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Heat the plates.
Stand a nest in the centre of each hot plate and surround with the fried potato slices.
Slip an egg yolk into each nest and salt lightly.
- 5 min.Fill up the nests with hot cancoillote and pour a little over the potatoes. Serve immediately.
Remarks:If you don't have any cancoillote, use any other cheese you like (but preferably a soft cheese) and melt it in a little cream.
You may be surprised to see that the egg yolk is not heated beforehand, but it will heat through when in contact with the hot potato and cheese.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Camembert with Walnuts, Pollack Parmentier, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Warm salad of potatoes and purple artichokes, Oven omelette, ... [All]
- Cancoillotte: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Comtoise stuffed tomatoes, Comtoise tart for Seàn, Endive gratin with cancoillotte, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Scandinavian cocktail, Cretan Bread, Paella, Eggs meurette, Pasta with mushrooms, ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Gâteau Basque , Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Salmon chard rolls, ... [All]