Endive gratin with cancoillotte
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|27 min.||30 min.||57 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g endives (head of chicory) but do not blanch them. Cut in half lengthways.
Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on medium heat and when hot add the endives.
- 2: Fry until lightly browned on both sides. Do this in batches if necessary.
Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- 3: Arrange a layer of endives in a gratin dish.
- 4: Lay the ham on top.
- 5: Add any remaining endives.
- 6: Pour 250 g cancoillotte over and top with grated cheese (to give a nicely browned top when cooked).
Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
You can use bà¼ndnerfleisch (Swiss dried beef) brési (French smoked beef from the Franche-Comté region) instead of ham.
If you can't get cancoillotte, just use slices of another cheese, preferably with a soft texture, such as Saint-Nectaire or roblochon.
February 22th 2020.