A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 slices, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|32 min.||26 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the toppingsPrepare 1 courgette and slice fairly thinly.
- 2: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat.
When really hot, add the courgette slices and sauté for a few minutes.
After cooking, they should still be reasonably firm. Salt, pepper and scatter with thyme. Set aside.
- 3: Peel then chop 200 g mushrooms.
Coarsly chop the parsley leaves.
Peel, rinse, then chop 1 spring onion (scallion) finely.
- 4: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into the same pan as before on high heat. When hot, add the chopped onion.
Cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5: Add the chopped mushrooms and mix well...
- 6: ...then sauté for a few minutes. The mushrooms should just begin to brown.
- 7: At the end of cooking, salt and pepper then add the chopped parsley.
Take off the heat and set aside.
Prepare and cook the slicesPreheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Lay 4 slices bread on a baking sheet.
- 9: Divide the courgettes between the slices...
- 10: ...then add the mushrooms...
- 11: ...and top with the ham and cheese cut into slivers.
- 12: Cook in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown.
Kérinou is a district of Brest, in the Brittany region of northwest France. In keeping with the spirit of the recipe, try to use a French "tome" cheese if possible, preferably from Brittany.
If you like a little more crunch, you can toast the bread before adding the toppings.
May 27th 2020.