Purple artichokes braised in white wine
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
62K4.3 June 29th 2014
For 2 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||17 min.||40 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 1 kg purple globe artichokes.
Prepare 50 g spring onion (scallion) and chop.
- 2: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the chopped onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 3: Add the artichokes, salt pepper and stir together.
- 4: Pour in 3 glasses dry white wine to give about 1 cm (1/2 inch) depth in the pan.
- 5: Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to minimum. Leave to cook gently...
- 6: ...until the wine has completely evaporated. Check that the artichokes are tender.
- 7: Your artichokes are ready.
December 8th 2023.