Rice and peas
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||8 min.||27 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and tip in the peas. Cook them for just 2 minutes.
- 2: Drain and set aside.
- 3: Cut 200 g cooked chicken into small pieces.
- 4: Peel and chop 1 shallot.
- 5: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
Add the shallot, cook for 1 minute then salt and pepper.
- 6: Add the chicken and mix.
- 7: Add 3 tablespoons liquid cream and bring to the boil.
- 8: Add 200 g cooked rice and mix.
- 9: Lastly, add the peas and a few chopped fresh herbs.
Your dish is ready.
The proportions in this recipe are mainly for guidance, so feel free to adapt it to whatever leftovers you have in the fridge and your own taste.
October 18th 2019.