Sausage buckwheat pancakes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
111K4.5 February 26th 2012
For 4 pancakes, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|42 min.||45 min.||1 hour 27 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cook the sausage in a large pan of water for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size.
- 2: Slice, then cut into small pieces.
- 3: Melt a walnut-sized knob of butter in a large frying pan (ideally a pancake pan), once it is nice and hot.
Note: this knob of butter underneath is important as it gives a shiny golden colour to the pancake and crisps it a little.
- 4: Place a galette in the pan and break an egg into the centre.
- 5: Use a wooden spatula, to spread the egg white over the surface of the pancake until it is cooked (becomes opaque), but leave the yolk alone, and - above all - don't break it.
- 6: Arrange the pieces of sausage around the yolk.
- 7: Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 8: And fold the pancake over in half.
Leave like this for around 2 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- 9: Slide onto the serving plate...
- 10: ... and eat without delay.
Make all the pancakes like this.
This recipe can be varied in any number of ways: you can change the sausage, for example, for any other you like. Why not change the cheese for a goat's cheese? More unusual, but delicious!
June 9th 2023.