A recipe from cooking-ez.com
27K3.8 June 2nd 2019
For 1 quiche, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|24 min.||8 min.||30 min.||1 hour 2 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Roll out 250 g Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée) and line a tart tin or mould. If you are using bought, ready-rolled pastry that comes with a sheet of cooking parchment, leave this underneath.
Put to wait in the fridge.
- 2: Grate 40 g Comté cheese and 40 g Cheddar cheese.
- 3: Cut 200 g ham into small dice.
- 4: Melt 1 tablespoon lard in a frying pan over medium heat. When really hot, toss in the diced ham.
Lightly brown the ham, stirring from time to time.
- 5: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Prepare the quiche filling by whisking together in a bowl: 150 ml liquid cream, 150 ml milk, 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk, salt and pepper.
- 6: Take the pastry case out of the fridge and prick all over the bottom with a fork. Scatter the diced ham over.
- 7: Add the 2 cheeses evenly on top.
- 8: Finish by pouring in the filling mixture.
- 9: Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 10: Serve with a green salad on the side, for example.
For the ham, ask your butcher or deli counter for an "end" - the lump left after slicing, ideal for this recipe.
If you don't have lard, use a little oil instead.
September 26th 2021.