Winegrowers' sausage casserole
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
23K March 19th 2018
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|33 min.||2 hours 3 min.||2 hours 36 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 800 g green cabbage and shred or cut into pieces.
- 2: Peel and rinse 1 kg potatoes and 800 g carrot.
- 3: Cut the potatoes and carrots into chunks.
- 4: Prepare and slice 100 g onion.
- 5: Use a large casserole or stew pot that can go on the hob and in the oven.
Heat 4 tablespoons oil on high heat and, when hot, add the sliced onion, salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 2 or 3 minutes
- 6: Add all the vegetables, salt and pepper lightly again and mix well.
- 7: Add 1 Morteau sausage after pricking it with a fork or the point of a knife to allow the flavour to seep into the vegetables. Lastly, add 750 ml dry white wine.
- 8: Put the lid on the casserole and cook in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for about 2 hours.
- 9: I advise removing the lid for the last quarter of an hour in the oven to give the flavours a chance to intensify.
Slice up the sausage into thick chunks and pop these back into the casserole. Take the pot to the table and let everyone serve themselves.
As with any dish that's "a bit naughty", the proportions are for guidance only, so do adapt the recipe to suit whatever you have to hand.
If you do not have Morteau sausage
, another good-quality sausage will work just fine, though use a smoked variety if possible.
September 25th 2021.