Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
126K4.9 May 10th 2023
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|51 min.||3 min.||20 min.||1 hour 14 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Chop 200 g cooked spinach.
- 2: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Butter the ramekins and put a layer of mushrooms in the bottom and add a layer of spinach.
- 3: Pour over a generous spoonful of cream, then salt and pepper lightly.
- 4: Break an egg and add the white to the ramekin...
- 5: ...keeping the yolk to one side.
Fill all the ramekins like this, salting and peppering each lightly a second time.
- 6: Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until the egg white is set.
- 7: Turn the oven off and tip an egg yolk into each ramekin. Return the ramekins to the oven for 3 minutes so that the yolks can heat through in the residual heat.
- 8: Note: This is not absolutely needed, but for a better taste => increase the amount of cream about the half and make it reduce in a small pan on small fire, with salt and pepper.
Use this reduced cream instead of usual cream in stage 8.
The method above adds the egg in two stages to ensure that the white is cooked (set) and the yolk stays soft. This is the most difficult aspect of eggs en cocotte.
December 8th 2023.