A recipe from cooking-ez.com
54K3.9 September 7th 2018
For 20 twists, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||1 hour||20 min.||1 hour 39 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: If you are using home-made puff pastry, roll it out thinly (1-2 mm or 1/8 inch) into a large rectangle and cut into 2 equal pieces.
If you are using ready-rolled pastry, as in the photo, cut the circle into 2 equal halves.
- 2: Spread one half of the pastry with 50 g Tapenade, using a palette-knife.
- 3: Lay the other half on top.
- 4: Fold the cooking parchment over the pastry, wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (this can also be done the day before).
- 5: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Glaze the top of the pastry.
- 6: Cut into long, thin strips, then twist them and lay on a baking sheet (though you can leave them flat if you prefer).
- 7: Bake for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Serve warm or cold.
The tapenade gives these twists quite a strong flavour, but for a bit of extra punch, pepper them generously after glazing.
December 8th 2023.